Last news about the Yemen attack:
Reuters.uk – 56 minutes ago
SANAA (Reuters) – Yemeni authorities have arrested dozens of suspects linked to al Qaeda since Monday’s deadly suicide bombing that killed seven Spanish tourists and two Yemenis, security sources said on Wednesday.
A security official said they were still unsure whether al Qaeda was behind the attack at the Queen of Sheba Temple in the province or Marib.
“Tens of suspects who we believe have links to al Qaeda have been arrested in three regions, Sanaa, Abyan and Aden,” the official, who asked not to be named, told Reuters.
President Ali Abdullah Saleh, whose country joined the U.S.-led war on terrorism after the September 11 attacks, offered a $75,500 (3,716 pound) reward for information leading to the capture of militants behind the attack.
So, what they are going to do about them? (ehem)…
Survivor tells of ‘nightmare’ suicide attack Times Online
The Spanish Prime Minister was urged to adopt a tougher line on terrorism yesterday as opponents used the death of seven tourists in an al-Qaeda suicide bombing to assail his foreign policy.
Coming just a week after the deaths of six Spanish troops on a peacekeeping mission in Lebanon, the latest ambush sparked an angry debate in Madrid.
José Luis RodrÍguez Zapatero, the Prime Minister, expressed his “deep sadness” at the deaths of the tourists in Yemen. But the Government said that it had been informed that al-Qaeda had not specifically targeted the tourists because they were Spanish.
Mr Zapatero has also come under heavy criticism for the attack in Lebanon. Opposition politicians say the roadside bombing could have been averted if the troops had been given electronic jamming equipment.
Mariano Rajoy, leader of the conservative Popular Party, accused the Prime Minister of spurning allies like the US to focus on ineffective pet projects, such as his “Alliance of Civili-sations” initiative, designed to foster dialogue between Europe and the Muslim world.
“Thirteen of our countrymen have been killed by jihadi attacks in the space of just a few days,” Mr Rajoy said. “Terrorism must be fought with our allies, not with other [initiatives] that are good for nothing.”
Poor little thing, Zapatero, ehh? [*] Rajoy even told him “A President should govern and give explanations to the citizens, not cry in Parliament“.
Well, the reality is that the suicide bomber asked first “who are those people at the Temple?” and was answered that they “were Western tourists“. Then he disappeared from the scene and appeared again to plough the Jeep he was driving into the convoy.
So, this is even worst, they were against any Western tourist, without considering nationality, creed, race, etc. Is anyone hearing out here??? Anyone remembers the “Coalition against the Crusaders and Zionists” (1998, no Iraqi war, no Afgan intervention, no Lebanon UNIFIL troops)?.
They are not against us by what we make, but because of what we are.
Anyway, far leftist propagandist (self-called journalist) Enric Sopena has said in his on-line newspaper that “the shadow of the Azores’ photo -you know, the one, in which Aznar, appeared with Bush and Blair before Iraqi intervention- is beginning to look terrific“. Yeah, surely, because Spain is still in Iraq, right?. He also considers that the tourists were careless when they went on tourism to Yemen, because the Foreign Affairs Ministry advised against trips to that country… but the alert, which appears on the Ministry website, is a generic one, not concrete. Meanwhile USA advised their tourists to go with guide and military escort.
Sent to Open Trackback at Dumb Ox.