Sri Lankan forces have been accused of targeting a church in the north-western district of Mannar.The government denies this, but eyewitnesses described how the military attacked the church. An international aid worker has confirmed it.One woman was killed and more than 40 people injured in the incident.It comes after early-morning clashes in Mannar between the Sri Lankan navy and Tamil Tiger rebels, in which more than 30 people were said to have died.Some 200 people had been sheltering at the church when a grenade was thrown in, causing death and injury.The government says the church got caught in the middle of a firefight.
- Another country in the brink or civil war.
- Two persons wounded in Sri Lanka’s bomb attacks.
- Soldier killed on Sri Lanka blast.
- Explosion on bus in Sri Lanka kills 62.
- Sri Lankan rebels attack from sea.