– Since there is another person involved (id est the baby), it is incorrect to talk of abortion as a woman’s rights issue and trumpet legal abortion as an “achievement” such as women’s suffrage.
– Since there is another person involved, it’s incorrect to talk of abortion as something belonging to the right of privacy. (Having a mole removed would be a case of right of privacy)
– Arguing that it’s OK to kill a baby within the first trimester because it’s not very developed early on is ludicrous. The same argument could be made defending killing 2 year olds because they are not as far developed as 10 year olds.
– Arguing that it’s better to kill a baby than give birth to an unwanted child is the ultimate hubris. First of all, thousands of parents are waiting to adopt a baby. Secondly, who made you God? Deciding which life is worth living and which is not is something the Nazis did.
– Imagine if there were a society like NARAL that advocated the killing of 5 year olds. Same difference, 3 months, 5 years, entirely arbitrary. They’d be on death row.
– Calling it a fetus instead of a baby to make one feel better is disingenuous, shameful and indicative of a certain feeling of guilt. Dehumanizing human life in order to make killing less objectionable is exactly what the Nazis did.
I would not be able to sum up what I think in a better way.